ページ

2016年8月28日日曜日

【Ireland Live Report2016】The Food Capital of Ireland/Remembering Why I Love Ireland💚 #Destinations #Cork



Hello fellow travelers,

My name is Bridget Daly and I live in Cork city Ireland. I am a keen photographer and spend most of my spare time in the beautiful Irish countryside, towns and cities admiring the beauty that surrounds us. Nature reminds us of how lucky we are to be alive and have the opportunity to travel and explore.

I enjoy Irish history and traditions and I am currently enrolled part-time in Trinity College Dublin studying Irish History and Heritage. I enjoy the company of like-minded people and like to share images of Ireland through photographs to people all over the world and hopefully inspire as many people as possible to come to Ireland and experience the beauty for themselves. 
As a child I spent my family Sundays visiting the local attractions of Cork. Blarney Castle was a favorite of mine and still is today! The famous Shandon Bells, The English Market, Cork City Gaol, the beautiful architecture and the many bridges that link the city streets, churches, Art Gallery's, Colleges, shops and Cathedrals to mention just a few are the main attractions of Cork City. There is so much to do and see in Cork.

It's a city to be proud of and of course being from the rebel county I am proud to wear the red and white colors that represent my County.
As children G.A.A. our national sport played a huge part in our lives and still is. Ireland is unique in many ways for such a small country we have a big heart and a big welcome! The Irish people are open and friendly. It is not unusual for a complete stranger to smile at you and say hello. Being Irish and having lived in Ireland all my life I am proud of the hospitable nature of the Irish people to visitors and the welcome is sincere. It's a fact we love to sing and tell stories and we are very proud of our ancestors.

Irish music and dance is part of our heritage and there is no denying that the Irish people love a good party, one could say it is a part of our culture. Food is a love of the Irish and nothing better than wild Irish Salmon, Lamb stew, traditional bacon and cabbage and of course the humble spud (potatoes) is a must .What better to wash it all down!! A pint of Guinness or Irish Cider...Just lovely!

You won't have to travel far to hear Irish music as it is played live in a lot of venues daily along the wild Atlantic way. The weather is unpredictable in Ireland so all you need is a fleece, walking shoes and a light rain jacket! And if the rain persists don't worry there's always the Pub! After all you are on holiday. So what are you waiting for! Come and see for yourself. I promise you it will be a trip you'll never forget. 

Céad míle fáilte!